4 students injured in school bus crash on I-495 in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - March 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Emergency crews responded to the scene of a crash involving a school bus along I-495 in Wilmington, Delaware Thursday morning.
Police say around 7:30 a.m. the school bus collided with a pickup truck just north of I-95.
According to the report, the 2000 Chevrolet Silverado was traveling northbound in the center lane when a car in the left lane moved center lane. The car nearly hit the pickup, forcing the truck into the bus, which was in the right lane.
That car has not been identified.
Kathy Demarest, spokesperson for New Castle County VOTECH School District, tells Action News that there were 24 students on the bus headed to Howard High School when the crash occurred.
Four students were transported to Christiana Hospital for treatment of injuries, while the rest were taken to school to be evaluated by the school nurse.
According to a school district spokesperson, two of the student have been treated and released. Two others remain at the hospital for treatment and tests.
Neither driver was injured in the crash.
No charges have been filed.
accident, school bus, wilmington, delaware, local/state
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids