4 students injured in school bus crash on I-495 in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - March 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Emergency crews responded to the scene of a crash involving a school bus along I-495 in Wilmington, Delaware Thursday morning.
Police say around 7:30 a.m. the school bus collided with a pickup truck just north of I-95.
According to the report, the 2000 Chevrolet Silverado was traveling northbound in the center lane when a car in the left lane moved center lane. The car nearly hit the pickup, forcing the truck into the bus, which was in the right lane.
That car has not been identified.
Kathy Demarest, spokesperson for New Castle County VOTECH School District, tells Action News that there were 24 students on the bus headed to Howard High School when the crash occurred.
Four students were transported to Christiana Hospital for treatment of injuries, while the rest were taken to school to be evaluated by the school nurse.
According to a school district spokesperson, two of the student have been treated and released. Two others remain at the hospital for treatment and tests.
Neither driver was injured in the crash.
No charges have been filed.
accident, school bus, wilmington, delaware, local/state
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 46 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub 1 min ago
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire 44 min ago
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park...
46 min ago
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
1 min ago