Delaware man charged with unlawful sexual contact
FELTON, Del. - March 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Delaware State Police have arrested a 66-year-old Felton man in connection with the unlawful sexual contact of a 17-year-old boy.
Police say they boy contacted the police on March 4th to report that he was touched inappropriately by a family friend.
Investigators determined that John Trenberth made sexual advances to the youth and touched him inappropriately in his Felton, Delaware residence over a period of 9 months starting in June 2012.
Trenberth was arrested Friday and charged with unlawful sexual contact with a minor and endangering the welfare of a child.
He was arraigned and released on $12,500 unsecured bond.
Police are asking anyone with information relating to this incident or any other similar incidents to contact Detective Andrew Palese of the Criminal Investigations Unit at 302-697-4455 or call Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333.
child sex assault, delaware, local/state
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 18 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 47 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Accused Craigslist robber charged with murdering accomplice 5 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed