Wet snow falling over most of NJ
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - March 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- The coastal flood advisory is over after high tide has passed along the Jersey shore.
Water levels that caused flooding on roads in Sea Bright and Absecon continue to drop as wet snow from a late-winter storm falls across the state.
The National Weather Service says most of the state can expect from 1 to 4 inches before the snow changes to light rain throughout Friday. However, a winter storm warning has been issued for Passaic and western Bergen counties until noon.
Unofficial accumulations show 9 inches on the ground in Wantage in Sussex County, 4 inches in Edison, 3 inches in New Brunswick and a trace in Gloucester County.
Saturday's forecast calls for temperatures in the 50s.
NJ Transit will cross-honor bus and rail tickets throughout the day.
snow, new jersey, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 5 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof. 24 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Man shot, killed on Kensington street 26 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- South Street area restaurants damaged, burglarized
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges 9 min ago
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial 12 min ago
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
5 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela...
12 min ago