Shooting suspects take police on chase
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - March 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two men wanted for a shooting took officers on a chase in North Philadelphia.
Chopper 6 was over the scene around 2:00 p.m. as police caught up with the two suspects in the area of Gurney and 2nd streets.
Police say the suspects ran onto some train tracks after abandoning their Acura, but were quickly apprehended.
Authorities say this all started after a reported shooting on the 200 block of West Stella Street.
There they found a man shot twice in the leg.
It's not clear what prompted the shooting.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, shooting, police chase, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 55 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 9 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
55 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos