Shooting suspects take police on chase
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - March 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two men wanted for a shooting took officers on a chase in North Philadelphia.
Chopper 6 was over the scene around 2:00 p.m. as police caught up with the two suspects in the area of Gurney and 2nd streets.
Police say the suspects ran onto some train tracks after abandoning their Acura, but were quickly apprehended.
Authorities say this all started after a reported shooting on the 200 block of West Stella Street.
There they found a man shot twice in the leg.
It's not clear what prompted the shooting.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, shooting, police chase, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ