Matusiewicz waives hearing on probation charges
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - March 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- The son of a man who killed two people at a Delaware courthouse before taking his own life has waived a preliminary hearing on charges of violating his probation on federal kidnapping and fraud charges.
David Matusiewicz appeared in court Thursday to hear a judge read revised charges by prosecutors who allege he has violated his probation by failing to stay away from guns and lying about his whereabouts and activities.
A hearing on whether to revoke Matusiewicz's probation is set for March 19.
Matusiewicz was arrested Feb. 11 after his ex-wife, Christine Belford, and a friend, Laura Mulford, were killed by his father, Thomas, before a scheduled child custody hearing.
David Matusiewicz pleaded guilty to fraud and kidnapping in 2009 after taking his three daughters to Central America.
delaware, shooting, wilmington, local/state
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 9 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 59 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 15 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 20 min ago
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church 26 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 44 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 35 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 44 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to...
15 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
20 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila....
35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
36 min ago