Driver fatally shot in head on Cobbs Creek Parkway
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - March 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 53-year-old man was shot in the head and killed while driving in Southwest Philadelphia early Friday morning.
The shooting happened around 1:00 a.m. on Cobbs Creek Parkway near Catherine Street.
Officials say an unidentified man and a male passenger were driving along when someone open fired on them, causing the van they were in to crash into several parked cars.
The driver was shot in the head and killed. The passenger was not hurt.
Police are looking at surveillance video from a nearby bar to see if there is a connection in the shooting.
So far, there is no word on suspects or a motive.
homicide, shooting, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos