Driver fatally shot in head on Cobbs Creek Parkway
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - March 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 53-year-old man was shot in the head and killed while driving in Southwest Philadelphia early Friday morning.
The shooting happened around 1:00 a.m. on Cobbs Creek Parkway near Catherine Street.
Officials say an unidentified man and a male passenger were driving along when someone open fired on them, causing the van they were in to crash into several parked cars.
The driver was shot in the head and killed. The passenger was not hurt.
Police are looking at surveillance video from a nearby bar to see if there is a connection in the shooting.
So far, there is no word on suspects or a motive.
homicide, shooting, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 9 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 31 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 56 min ago
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman 29 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more