2 Delaware men charged in child porn investigation
WILMINGTON, Del. - March 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say an investigation has led to the arrest of two men in Delaware for child pornography.
Investigators say 70-year-old David Pennington of Georgetown, Delaware received, reviewed and commented on child porn images.
Pennington has been charged with two counts of dealing in child pornography.
At the time of his arrest, Pennington was already in custody for a pending probation violation charge.
He was arraigned and ordered held on $120,000 secured bond.
During his arraignment, officials noted that Pennington had three prior convictions for sex crimes against children, including one involving the possession of child pornography.
In a separate case, an online undercover investigation led to the arrest of 34-year-old Jerry Whiteman, Jr. of Smyrna, Delaware.
Back on February 28th, investigators executed a search warrant at Whiteman's residence on the 1700 block of Joe Goldsborough Road. They seized two computers and assorted digital storage devices, which they say contained child pornography.
Whiteman was arraigned and is currently being held on $600,000 secured bond.
He faces 10 counts of child pornography.
child porn, children, pornography, wilmington, delaware, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow 10 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2-alarm fire at Holmesburg condo complex 16 min ago
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire 55 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 34 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
11 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
34 min ago