1 hurt in Hockessin school bus crash
HOCKESSIN, Del. - March 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- One person was injured when a school bus collided with a car in Hockessin, Delaware Friday morning.
The accident happened around 6:30 a.m. at the intersection of Lancaster Pike and Lora Lane.
According to police, a PT Cruiser was traveling southbound on Lancaster Pike when a school bus, travelling in the opposite direction, attempted to turn left onto Lora Drive, in front of the car.
The driver of the car became trapped inside the vehicle and needed to be extricated by rescue workers.
The driver of the PT Cruiser was transported to Christiana Hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
The driver and two female students on the bus refused treatment at the scene. Both students were with Red Clay School District.
The school bus driver was cited for failure to yield to oncoming traffic when turning left.
delaware, accident, school bus, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 41 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 11 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
41 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos