1 hurt in Hockessin school bus crash
HOCKESSIN, Del. - March 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- One person was injured when a school bus collided with a car in Hockessin, Delaware Friday morning.
The accident happened around 6:30 a.m. at the intersection of Lancaster Pike and Lora Lane.
According to police, a PT Cruiser was traveling southbound on Lancaster Pike when a school bus, travelling in the opposite direction, attempted to turn left onto Lora Drive, in front of the car.
The driver of the car became trapped inside the vehicle and needed to be extricated by rescue workers.
The driver of the PT Cruiser was transported to Christiana Hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
The driver and two female students on the bus refused treatment at the scene. Both students were with Red Clay School District.
The school bus driver was cited for failure to yield to oncoming traffic when turning left.
delaware, accident, school bus, local/state
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
58 min ago
- Art of Aging: Retirement opportunities
55 min ago