1 hurt in Hockessin school bus crash
HOCKESSIN, Del. - March 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- One person was injured when a school bus collided with a car in Hockessin, Delaware Friday morning.
The accident happened around 6:30 a.m. at the intersection of Lancaster Pike and Lora Lane.
According to police, a PT Cruiser was traveling southbound on Lancaster Pike when a school bus, travelling in the opposite direction, attempted to turn left onto Lora Drive, in front of the car.
The driver of the car became trapped inside the vehicle and needed to be extricated by rescue workers.
The driver of the PT Cruiser was transported to Christiana Hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
The driver and two female students on the bus refused treatment at the scene. Both students were with Red Clay School District.
The school bus driver was cited for failure to yield to oncoming traffic when turning left.
delaware, accident, school bus, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought 6 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills 46 min ago
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle 10 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos