1 hurt in Hockessin school bus crash
HOCKESSIN, Del. - March 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- One person was injured when a school bus collided with a car in Hockessin, Delaware Friday morning.
The accident happened around 6:30 a.m. at the intersection of Lancaster Pike and Lora Lane.
According to police, a PT Cruiser was traveling southbound on Lancaster Pike when a school bus, travelling in the opposite direction, attempted to turn left onto Lora Drive, in front of the car.
The driver of the car became trapped inside the vehicle and needed to be extricated by rescue workers.
The driver of the PT Cruiser was transported to Christiana Hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
The driver and two female students on the bus refused treatment at the scene. Both students were with Red Clay School District.
The school bus driver was cited for failure to yield to oncoming traffic when turning left.
delaware, accident, school bus, local/state
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51 4 min ago
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Crackdown on illegal street vendors in W. Phila.
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila. 49 min ago
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos 6 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
49 min ago
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos
6 min ago