1 hurt in Hockessin school bus crash
HOCKESSIN, Del. - March 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- One person was injured when a school bus collided with a car in Hockessin, Delaware Friday morning.
The accident happened around 6:30 a.m. at the intersection of Lancaster Pike and Lora Lane.
According to police, a PT Cruiser was traveling southbound on Lancaster Pike when a school bus, travelling in the opposite direction, attempted to turn left onto Lora Drive, in front of the car.
The driver of the car became trapped inside the vehicle and needed to be extricated by rescue workers.
The driver of the PT Cruiser was transported to Christiana Hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
The driver and two female students on the bus refused treatment at the scene. Both students were with Red Clay School District.
The school bus driver was cited for failure to yield to oncoming traffic when turning left.
delaware, accident, school bus, local/state
- At least 11 hurt in East Harlem building explosion 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money 38 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- Carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 28 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
10 min ago
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New...
6 min ago