Mount Holly resident sexually assaulted in violent home invasion
MOUNT HOLLY - March 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Residents were tied up, one was beaten, and another was sexually assaulted during a home invasion in Mount Holly, New Jersey Thursday night.
Police were called at 9:20 p.m. for the report of a home invasion and sexual assault on the 200 block of Holeman Street.
The victims told police that it all began when one of the residents went out to her vehicle to retrieve a purse. A masked man armed with a handgun approached the woman and guided her back into the home.
Now inside, the gunman and another suspect tied up all the residents with nylon zip ties. During the incident one of the residents was assaulted with brass knuckles.
The victims told police that the gunman stood guard while the other man ransacked the residence.
The victims were then escorted to a room in the rear of the house. It was at this time that one of the suspects directed a female resident to the living room where she was sexually assaulted.
That victim was later transported to Virtua Hospital, Mount Holly for treatment. The other victims on location declined treatment.
The suspects fled the scene on foot, having made off with cash and jewelry.
The masked men are described only as black males wearing dark clothing.
Anyone with information about this incident is urged to contact authorities.
new jersey, burlington county, sex assault, home invasion, robbery, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ