Fast-moving blaze damages South Philly house
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - March 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Crews battled a fast-moving house fire in South Philadelphia Friday morning.
The fire broke out just past 6:00 a.m. on the 2000 block of McKean Street.
Firefighters arrived to smoke coming from the second floor of the house.
The fast-moving fire was placed under control within fifteen minutes.
The Red Cross is assisting two displaced residents.
There were no injuries.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
fire, south philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies 31 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire 18 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ