Woman struck, killed by train in Wilmington ID'd
WILMINGTON, Del. - March 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the woman who was struck and killed by a train in Wilmington.
It happened around 10:00 Friday night on the 800 block of New Castle Avenue.
The victim is identified as 39-year-old Colleen Anderson.
Authorities received reports that a woman walked onto the railroad tracks as the train was approaching.
When officers arrived they found Anderson laying on the tracks unresponsive. She was taken to an area hospital where she was pronounced dead.
The train continued an unspecified distance before stopping.
An investigation into the incident is still underway.
delaware, wilmington, train accident, accident, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 34 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 20 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- London theater partially collapses; 80...
34 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos