Update your fashions at the Wardrobe Boutique
PHILADELPHIA - March 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- With spring just ahead, spring fashion dominates news in the clothing world.
Experts tell us every season that you can get the right look anywhere, at any price point. But one shop in Spring Garden lets you do more. Update your wardrobe at attractive prices, and help a good cause at the same time.
The Wardrobe Boutique at 1822 Spring Garden Street looks like an exclusive Center City shop.
The way clothing is displayed belies the fact that it's been donated...perhaps from a retailer or a private individual. No one calls it a thrift shop, though prices are at least comparable. And the staff prides itself on giving each customer the sort of attention you're accustomed to finding downtown.
Manager Sheri Cole also runs The Career Wardrobe, a non-profit agency long famous for helping women enter or re-enter the workforce, usually from public assistance. That organization outfits women with work-appropriate attire at no cost to them.
The Career Boutique provides shopping to any woman who's interested. Profits support The Career Wardrobe's work and mission.
Over the years, some clients from The Career Wardrobe and other agencies have been placed at The Wardrobe Boutique as interns. As such, they learn the ins and outs of customer service.
Some have been hired as paid sales representatives and others find work elsewhere on the region's fashion scene. Everything furthers the mission of helping women support themselves and their families with job skills relevant to today's market.The Wardrobe Boutique is open weekdays from 9:00am to 7:00pm and Saturdays from 9:00am to 6:00pm. You may phone them at 215-568-2660. You may also access them online at Wardrobe Boutique.
With prom season coming up, young women with a student ID receive a discount off the boutique's already low prices.
Prom gowns will be featured for as little as $10.00 and most will retail under $100.00. Shoppers who make a clothing donation receive a discount on their next purchase.
fashion, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: Pictures of Wawa car theft suspects 32 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall 47 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park 30 min ago
- Gloucester Twp. school put on precautionary lockout
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier 27 min ago
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Sunoco moving to Delco, Citibank leaving Philly