Update your fashions at the Wardrobe Boutique
PHILADELPHIA - March 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- With spring just ahead, spring fashion dominates news in the clothing world.
Experts tell us every season that you can get the right look anywhere, at any price point. But one shop in Spring Garden lets you do more. Update your wardrobe at attractive prices, and help a good cause at the same time.
The Wardrobe Boutique at 1822 Spring Garden Street looks like an exclusive Center City shop.
The way clothing is displayed belies the fact that it's been donated...perhaps from a retailer or a private individual. No one calls it a thrift shop, though prices are at least comparable. And the staff prides itself on giving each customer the sort of attention you're accustomed to finding downtown.
Manager Sheri Cole also runs The Career Wardrobe, a non-profit agency long famous for helping women enter or re-enter the workforce, usually from public assistance. That organization outfits women with work-appropriate attire at no cost to them.
The Career Boutique provides shopping to any woman who's interested. Profits support The Career Wardrobe's work and mission.
Over the years, some clients from The Career Wardrobe and other agencies have been placed at The Wardrobe Boutique as interns. As such, they learn the ins and outs of customer service.
Some have been hired as paid sales representatives and others find work elsewhere on the region's fashion scene. Everything furthers the mission of helping women support themselves and their families with job skills relevant to today's market.The Wardrobe Boutique is open weekdays from 9:00am to 7:00pm and Saturdays from 9:00am to 6:00pm. You may phone them at 215-568-2660. You may also access them online at Wardrobe Boutique.
With prom season coming up, young women with a student ID receive a discount off the boutique's already low prices.
Prom gowns will be featured for as little as $10.00 and most will retail under $100.00. Shoppers who make a clothing donation receive a discount on their next purchase.
fashion, philadelphia, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding 17 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 14 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 12 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 8 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp. 13 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 7 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
12 min ago
- Search continues for robbers in armored car...
14 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's...
17 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
10 min ago