Fmr. Phila. officer charged with loan sharking
PHILADELPHIA - March 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A former Philadelphia police officer is facing loan sharking charges.
46-year-old Gary Cottrell was arrested Friday morning.
He is accused of making high interest loans and at times using force to try and collect the money.
Cottrell had already lost his job with the force after being arrested two years ago for insurance fraud.
Police say one of his clients was 18th District Officer Cheryl Stephens.
Stephens is also facing charges, she is accused of lying to a grand jury about not being charged interest on her loans.
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ 59 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes 59 min ago
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps 46 min ago
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
59 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa....
59 min ago
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
48 min ago