Fmr. Phila. officer charged with loan sharking
PHILADELPHIA - March 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A former Philadelphia police officer is facing loan sharking charges.
46-year-old Gary Cottrell was arrested Friday morning.
He is accused of making high interest loans and at times using force to try and collect the money.
Cottrell had already lost his job with the force after being arrested two years ago for insurance fraud.
Police say one of his clients was 18th District Officer Cheryl Stephens.
Stephens is also facing charges, she is accused of lying to a grand jury about not being charged interest on her loans.
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect 26 min ago
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp. 25 min ago
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE 13 min ago
- James, Heat push NBA Finals to Game 7 7 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot...
26 min ago
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in...
25 min ago