Fmr. Phila. officer charged with loan sharking
PHILADELPHIA - March 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A former Philadelphia police officer is facing loan sharking charges.
46-year-old Gary Cottrell was arrested Friday morning.
He is accused of making high interest loans and at times using force to try and collect the money.
Cottrell had already lost his job with the force after being arrested two years ago for insurance fraud.
Police say one of his clients was 18th District Officer Cheryl Stephens.
Stephens is also facing charges, she is accused of lying to a grand jury about not being charged interest on her loans.
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 56 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
56 min ago
- Milder Monday
59 min ago