Phila. Police officer crashes cruiser in South Phila.
PHILADELPHIA - March 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia police officer is injured when his cruiser crashes while responding to a call in South Philadephia early Saturday morning.
A 3rd District officer's patrol car hit a BMW before crashing into a parked car at South Third and Jackson Street in South Philadelphia just after 2:00 a.m.
Police say a 17-year-old girl was behind the wheel of the BMW. She was taken to a local hospital where she was treated for minor injuries.
The officer was transported to Jefferson Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The accident remains under investigation.
philadelphia police, accident, south philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend! 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Suspect sketch in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 16 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
2 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos