Crimefighters: Who struck and killed Richard Jeffords?
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - March 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- A grieving mother is reaching out to the public for help in finding the person who struck and killed her son.
"He was very artistic, he was a wonderful artist, he could free hand draw and charcoal," said Kathleen Greer.
Greer speaks fondly of her son, Richard Jeffords.
"He had a lot of love in him and he never spoke badly of anyone," said Greer.
On Sunday, August 26th, Jeffords left a friend's house on foot just after 2:00 a.m.
The 41-year-old was walking along Roosevelt Boulevard near Hartel Avenue in Northeast Philadelphia when a car hit him and left the scene.
"Another motorist saw him in the road and stopped and called police," said Greer.
Officials say Jeffords was killed instantly.
The vehicle in question is a 2004-2010 Chrysler 300 and it was travelling north.
Police recovered the vehicle's driver's side-view mirror from the scene and say there may be damage to the hood, windshield and driver's side window.
"If anyone knows anything about it, you know, that they would come forward with whatever information that they have," said Greer.
For Greer, she says every day remains a struggle.
"You don't get over it but you learn to live with it," she said.
There is a $3,500 reward for anyone with information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible.
Tips can be submitted to the Citizens Crime Commission at 215-546-TIPS (8477).
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, hit and run, accident, crimefighters, local/state, rick williams
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 21 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos