Police ID suspect sought in Hatfield knife attack
HATFIELD, Pa. - March 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Montgomery County have identified the suspect wanted in an attempted murder of a Hatfield woman early Sunday morning.
Police have issued an arrest warrant for 49-year-old Thomas Troy Young. Young is charged with Criminal Attempt Murder, Aggravated Assault, Recklessly Endangering Another Person, and related offenses.
Young was last seen driving a black 2009 Honda Accord bearing PA registration GKS-8099.
Police say the victim is a relative of Young's.
At 12:38 a.m., Hatfield Township police responded to the 300 block of Wheatfield Circle in Hatfield Borough for the report of an assault.
Responding officers found the 33-year-old victim suffering wounds from a knife.
She was flown to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for treatment.
The hospital is not releasing any information on her condition.
An infant, who was apparently in the home during the attack, was released to people who appeared to be family members.
Neighbors in the quiet townhome development tell Action News that many people live in the house where the attack occurred and that a woman, believed to be the victim, was seen walking a baby in a stroller outside yesterday.
Anyone who may know the whereabouts of Thomas Young is asked to contact police.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, assault, stabbing, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 1 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Woman's body found in Berks County 58 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 34 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police