Police ID suspect sought in Hatfield knife attack
HATFIELD, Pa. - March 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Montgomery County have identified the suspect wanted in an attempted murder of a Hatfield woman early Sunday morning.
Police have issued an arrest warrant for 49-year-old Thomas Troy Young. Young is charged with Criminal Attempt Murder, Aggravated Assault, Recklessly Endangering Another Person, and related offenses.
Young was last seen driving a black 2009 Honda Accord bearing PA registration GKS-8099.
Police say the victim is a relative of Young's.
At 12:38 a.m., Hatfield Township police responded to the 300 block of Wheatfield Circle in Hatfield Borough for the report of an assault.
Responding officers found the 33-year-old victim suffering wounds from a knife.
She was flown to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for treatment.
The hospital is not releasing any information on her condition.
An infant, who was apparently in the home during the attack, was released to people who appeared to be family members.
Neighbors in the quiet townhome development tell Action News that many people live in the house where the attack occurred and that a woman, believed to be the victim, was seen walking a baby in a stroller outside yesterday.
Anyone who may know the whereabouts of Thomas Young is asked to contact police.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, assault, stabbing, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd 59 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 34 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 16 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball