Camden triple shooting leaves 1 dead, 2 injured
CAMDEN - March 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Camden County authorities are investigating an overnight shooting in Camden City that left one man dead and two others injured.
Authorities tell Action News that gunfire rang out outside of the Twenty Horse Tavern located in the 800 block of South 2nd Street around 3:20 a.m.
Police say a 27-year-old Lindenwold man was shot at least two times in the chest while sitting in a car outside the tavern.
He was taken to Cooper University Hospital where he later died.
Two others in the same car, a 27-year-old man from Burlington and a 27-year-old woman from Pennsauken, were also struck.
The Burlington male suffered a graze wound.
The female was shot once in the chest and is in critical condition at Cooper.
There is no word yet on what sparked the incident
Anyone with information on the killing is urged to contact Camden County Prosecutor's Office Investigator John Hunsinger at (856) 225-8500 or Camden Police Detective Madrid Matthews at (856) 757-7420.
new jersey, camden, camden county, shooting, local/state
- Robbery suspect sought, Villanova U. locked down 16 min ago
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila. 7 min ago
- Viewer takes photos of bear in back yard
- Suspect shot by police in Carneys Point ID'd 25 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Father, son 'pimps' acquitted after prostitutes testify
- Suspect robs Philadelphia Dunkin' Donuts at gunpoint
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL] 29 min ago
- Suspect shot by police in Carneys Point ID'd
25 min ago