Camden triple shooting leaves 1 dead, 2 injured
CAMDEN - March 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Camden County authorities are investigating an overnight shooting in Camden City that left one man dead and two others injured.
Authorities tell Action News that gunfire rang out outside of the Twenty Horse Tavern located in the 800 block of South 2nd Street around 3:20 a.m.
Police say a 27-year-old Lindenwold man was shot at least two times in the chest while sitting in a car outside the tavern.
He was taken to Cooper University Hospital where he later died.
Two others in the same car, a 27-year-old man from Burlington and a 27-year-old woman from Pennsauken, were also struck.
The Burlington male suffered a graze wound.
The female was shot once in the chest and is in critical condition at Cooper.
There is no word yet on what sparked the incident
Anyone with information on the killing is urged to contact Camden County Prosecutor's Office Investigator John Hunsinger at (856) 225-8500 or Camden Police Detective Madrid Matthews at (856) 757-7420.
new jersey, camden, camden county, shooting, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis 19 min ago
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea 25 min ago
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 17 min ago
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 3 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm