Fishtown store robbery caught on surveillance
FISHTOWN - March 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the two men who robbed a cell phone store in the city's Fishtown section.
The robbery happened at 12:00 p.m. Saturday at the Mobile Zone communications store located at 114 West Girard Avenue.
In surveillance video taken from inside the store, the two suspects can be seen entering the business and approaching the counter.
According to police, the suspects asked the employee behind the counter about a cell phone accessory. Almost immediately, one of the suspects went behind the counter, pointed a handgun at the employee, and demanded money.
Both suspects then took money from the cash register drawer as well as an iPhone before fleeing the scene on foot.
It is also believed they fled onto the elevated train platform where they discarded their jackets and the iPhone that was taken during the robbery.
The first suspect is described as a black male with a dark complexion, 20 to 30-years-old, heavy set, standing 5'8"-5'9", wearing a black wool hat.
The second suspect is described as a black male with a medium complexion, 20 to 30-years-old, medium build, 5'7", wearing dark wool cap and armed with a handgun.
If you have any information about this crime or these suspects, you can submit a tip via telephone by dialing 215-686-8477 or by texting a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
fishtown, philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working 14 min ago
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains 9 min ago
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 34 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 19 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working
14 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
34 min ago