Worker falls to his death in Camden, NJ
CAMDEN, N.J. - March 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- A worker is dead after falling from a building in Camden, New Jersey.
It happened before 8:30 a.m. Monday at the building that houses ReCommunity Recycling, located on the 2200 block of Mount Ephraim Avenue.
The victim, identified only as a 50-year-old man from Franklinville, New Jersey, was an employee of Harris Camden Terminal, which owns the property.
The victim was cleaning the roof of the building when he fell through.
Authorities say the building is a multiple story structure and that the victim fell nearly the full distance to the ground, landing on an elevated platform several feet off the floor.
The medical examiner has ruled the death as "accidental" and the cause being "multiple injuries."
The Camden County Prosecutor's Office is now handing the case off to OSHA.
new jersey, accident, industrial accident, local/state
- More Snow on the Way 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 48 min ago
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft 52 min ago
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- AAA: Prepare your car for winter driving now!
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- More Snow on the Way
51 min ago
- Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash
50 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration...
52 min ago