Driver crashes into Roxborough Dunkin' Donuts (PHOTOS)
ROXBOROUGH - March 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police were called to the scene of an accident where a car crashed into a Dunkin Donuts in Roxborough.
The crash occurred just after 3:00 p.m. at the store on the 7100 block of Ridge Avenue.
Police tell Action News the driver of the car, Bobbie Makous, was parked across the lot at a produce center.
She then hit the accelerator, went across the parking lot, jumped a curb, and crashed into the Dunkin' Donuts.
Surveillance video obtained by Action News shows her Toyota Corolla rolling in reverse into the shop, shattering the front window.
Video shows customers inside the store at the time of the accident, including a woman and small child.
The video shows a man carrying coffee walking towards the front window when the flying glass knocks him down to the floor.
No one was hurt.
Makous says she has an existing medical condition and driving has been a bit tough as of late.
She says her foot got stuck on the gas and the next thing she knew she was inside the donut shop.
"I must have been doing 60 miles an hour, going backwards," Makous said.
Makous says she is embarrassed, but relieved that no one was injured.
She tells Action News it is time for her to stop driving altogether.
The tow operators drove the vehicle out of the Dunkin' Donuts.
The store suffered significant damage.
philadelphia, roxborough, dunkin donuts, accident, local/state
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 12 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 14 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 17 min ago
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Pfizer recalls antidepressant Effexor 5 min ago
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 45 min ago
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber