Driver crashes into Roxborough Dunkin' Donuts (PHOTOS)
ROXBOROUGH - March 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police were called to the scene of an accident where a car crashed into a Dunkin Donuts in Roxborough.
The crash occurred just after 3:00 p.m. at the store on the 7100 block of Ridge Avenue.
Police tell Action News the driver of the car, Bobbie Makous, was parked across the lot at a produce center.
She then hit the accelerator, went across the parking lot, jumped a curb, and crashed into the Dunkin' Donuts.
Surveillance video obtained by Action News shows her Toyota Corolla rolling in reverse into the shop, shattering the front window.
Video shows customers inside the store at the time of the accident, including a woman and small child.
The video shows a man carrying coffee walking towards the front window when the flying glass knocks him down to the floor.
No one was hurt.
Makous says she has an existing medical condition and driving has been a bit tough as of late.
She says her foot got stuck on the gas and the next thing she knew she was inside the donut shop.
"I must have been doing 60 miles an hour, going backwards," Makous said.
Makous says she is embarrassed, but relieved that no one was injured.
She tells Action News it is time for her to stop driving altogether.
The tow operators drove the vehicle out of the Dunkin' Donuts.
The store suffered significant damage.
philadelphia, roxborough, dunkin donuts, accident, local/state
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 11 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
46 min ago