Arrest warrant rescinded for Del. pageant queen
OCEAN CITY, Md. (AP) - March 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A former Miss Delaware Teen USA who resigned her title after a sex tape surfaced online is due in a Maryland court next month to respond to a theft charge.
A judge rescinded an arrest warrant in Ocean City for 18-year-old Melissa King and scheduled an April 22 court date.
The News Journal of Wilmington reports that the judge agreed to recall the warrant at the request of King's lawyer.
Police in Ocean City, Md., charged King last summer with taking money from the cash box of a municipal bus. She's also accused of underage possession of alcohol.
King gave up her crown last month amid allegations that she appeared in an online sex video. King said she was aware of the video but denied appearing in it.
teens, delaware, local/state
- More Snow on the Way 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack 13 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft 3 min ago
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced 11 min ago
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash
- US Airways, American merger complete 14 min ago
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition 18 min ago
- AAA: Prepare your car for winter driving now! 43 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- More Snow on the Way
2 min ago
- Shoplifting dog gets busted
34 min ago