Philadelphia police officer charged with DUI after crash
PHILADELPHIA - March 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a Philadelphia police officer was arrested on Monday and charged with DUI after an accident involving another vehicle.
The accident occurred around 9:20 p.m. on the 4900 block of Woodland Avenue.
Officials say 53-year-old Officer Joseph Kelly was off duty when the accident happened and was impaired at the scene. He was detained and given a breathalyzer test, the results of which showed he was over the legal limit.
Kelly was arrested and charged with Driving Under the Influence along with other related offenses.
Kelly, a 23-year veteran of the police department, is assigned to the Traffic Unit. He has been placed on administrative duty pending the outcome of the investigation.
police, DUI, philadelphia, local/state
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted