Philadelphia police officer charged with DUI after crash
PHILADELPHIA - March 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a Philadelphia police officer was arrested on Monday and charged with DUI after an accident involving another vehicle.
The accident occurred around 9:20 p.m. on the 4900 block of Woodland Avenue.
Officials say 53-year-old Officer Joseph Kelly was off duty when the accident happened and was impaired at the scene. He was detained and given a breathalyzer test, the results of which showed he was over the legal limit.
Kelly was arrested and charged with Driving Under the Influence along with other related offenses.
Kelly, a 23-year veteran of the police department, is assigned to the Traffic Unit. He has been placed on administrative duty pending the outcome of the investigation.
police, DUI, philadelphia, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show 30 min ago