Booking photos released of Temple robbery suspects; 3rd suspect sought
PHILADELPHIA - March 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have released the booking photos of the two suspects charged in connection with the armed robbery and home invasion of a Temple University student.
19-year-old Tyree Johnson, of the 1700 block of North Willington Street, and 18-year-old Malcolm Murray, of the 1600 block of West Montgomery Avenue, are charged with robbery and related offenses.
The robbery and home invasion took place at approximately 7:30 p.m. on March 4th.
A 21-year-old Temple student was forced into her home by one gunman and his two accomplices rushed to the third floor to where the student's roommates were located.
"He had the gun to my head the entire time," the victim told Action News last week. "His friend said, 'Just be quiet. Shut her up. We won't hurt you if you just shut up.' And that's when he got out the duct tape."
Three of the four women were bound. The suspects stole cell phones, cash, credit cards and computers and then fled.
"They were leaving. They said, 'You wait 30 minutes, don't say anything. You didn't see us or we will kill you. We know where you live,'" she said.
Police released surveillance video of the suspects to the media the following day and quickly received a tip identifying two of the suspects as Tyree Johnson and Malcolm Murray.
Johnson and Murray were arrested that day.
Authorities say the third suspect, 24-year-old Elijah Washington, remains on the loose and may be in the area of the Wilson Park Housing Development, located at 25th and Jackson streets, or in Southwest Philadelphia in the area of 52nd and Pentridge streets.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Elijah Washington should contact Central Detective Division 215-686-3093 or dial 911.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, temple, robbery, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed