Courthouse bomb threat leads to arrest of Newark, Del. man
NEWARK, Del. - March 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware Capitol Police have arrested a man they say phoned in a bomb threat to the New Castle County Courthouse in Wilmington last week.
53-year-old James Thomas of Newark, Del. was arrested at his home Monday.
The bomb threat came in at 12:14 p.m. on Thursday March 7th and forced the evacuation of the courthouse for more than two hours.
Thomas is charged with Terroristic Threatening, a Class F Felony, and was being held on $3,000 cash bond.
Prosecutors have not said what prompted Thomas to make the threat.
delaware, bomb scare, local/state
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket 29 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos