Twinkies buyer hungry for more Hostess cakes
NEW YORK (AP) - March 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- The new owners of Twinkies apparently developed a sweet tooth for Hostess snack cakes.
Apollo Global Management and Metropoulos & Co., which made a joint offer to snap up the famous cream-filled cakes, have also entered the contest to buy Drake's, which include Devil Dogs and Yodels, according to a source who requested anonymity because the sale process is private.
That poses a challenge to McKee Foods, which Hostess previously picked as the lead bidder for Drake's. Others were given a chance to make competing offers by 5 p.m. EDT Tuesday.
Apollo and Metropoulos were already selected by Hostess as the buyer for Twinkies and other cakes like Ding Dongs and Ho Hos after no competing bids were made. That sale still needs to be approved in bankruptcy court.
hostess, philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm 43 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
53 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm
43 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos