Woman, 19, dies after crash with school bus in Lumberton
LUMBERTON, N.J. - March 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 19-year-old woman is dead after her car collided with a school bus in Lumberton, Burlington County Tuesday evening.
The accident happened around 5:00 p.m. on Eayrestown Road and Muncipal Drive.
According to accident investigators, 19-year-old Samantha Lucas of Southampton, New Jersey was driving southbound on Eayrestown Road when her vehicle collided with the school bus in the northbound lane.
Lucas was airlifted to Cooper Trauma Center in Camden where she later died.
The driver of the bus is identified as Damir Marjanovic, 49, of Westampton, New Jersey. She and an aide, who was onboard the bus at the time of the crash, were transported to Virtua Memorial Hospital where they were treated and released.
Police are asking anyone who may have witnessed the crash to call the Lumberton Police at 609-267-1111 or 609-267-8300.
new jersey, burlington county, accident, school bus, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 20 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean 8 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash 49 min ago
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue 10 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City...
10 min ago
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila....
20 min ago