Pa. Gov. Corbett touts liquor privatization in Delaware County
SPRINGFIELD, Pa. - March 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett was in Delaware County pushing his liquor privatization legislation.
He appeared with local leaders in Springfield Wednesday to discuss the benefits of the proposal.
The plan calls for liquor and beer licenses to be sold to private retailers to distribute alcohol.
Corbett said he wants to make it easier for consumers.
He added that sales of the liquor licenses and money raised through taxes would go toward improving education.
pennsylvania, alcohol, delaware county, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 13 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
- Video: John Rawlins' noon report from E. Norriton 6 min ago
- Video: Nora Muchanic's noon report from Trenton 8 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott on snow in Delaware
- 2 corrections officers hurt in Concord Twp. crash 7 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- Snow today, heavy at times
59 min ago
- 2 corrections officers hurt in Concord Twp....
7 min ago
- Nora Muchanic's noon report from Trenton
8 min ago
- John Rawlins' noon report from E. Norriton
6 min ago