Pa. Gov. Corbett touts liquor privatization in Delaware County
SPRINGFIELD, Pa. - March 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett was in Delaware County pushing his liquor privatization legislation.
He appeared with local leaders in Springfield Wednesday to discuss the benefits of the proposal.
The plan calls for liquor and beer licenses to be sold to private retailers to distribute alcohol.
Corbett said he wants to make it easier for consumers.
He added that sales of the liquor licenses and money raised through taxes would go toward improving education.
pennsylvania, alcohol, delaware county, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 55 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Fairy Godmothers make prom dreams come true
19 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
46 min ago
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
55 min ago