Arrest in drowning of Mount Holly man
MOUNT HOLLY, N.J. - March 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Burlington County authorities have announced the arrest of a man in the drowning of a Mount Holly man during a fight in December.
26-year-old Eric Thomas of Eastampton was charged Tuesday with one count of Murder for the death of 29-year-old Lemuel Reyes, Jr.
Police say Thomas and Reyes were involved in a fight shortly after midnight on December 15, 2012 near the intersection of Mill and Pine streets in Mount Holly.
The pair ended up in the Rancocas Creek, where Thomas is alleged to have held Reyes under water until he died.
An autopsy did conclude the cause of death was drowning.
Bail was set at $250,000.
new jersey, burlington county, drowning, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm 41 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
51 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm
41 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos