Arrest in drowning of Mount Holly man
MOUNT HOLLY, N.J. - March 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Burlington County authorities have announced the arrest of a man in the drowning of a Mount Holly man during a fight in December.
26-year-old Eric Thomas of Eastampton was charged Tuesday with one count of Murder for the death of 29-year-old Lemuel Reyes, Jr.
Police say Thomas and Reyes were involved in a fight shortly after midnight on December 15, 2012 near the intersection of Mill and Pine streets in Mount Holly.
The pair ended up in the Rancocas Creek, where Thomas is alleged to have held Reyes under water until he died.
An autopsy did conclude the cause of death was drowning.
Bail was set at $250,000.
new jersey, burlington county, drowning, local/state
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 34 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip 42 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 29 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
34 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
29 min ago