Atlantic Co. nursing home fire displaces 17 residents
NORTHFIELD, N.J. - March 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- More than a dozen residents have been displaced by an early morning fire at a nursing home in Northfield, Atlantic County.
The fire broke out just before 5:00 a.m. inside the Meadowview Nursing Home, located on the 200 block of Dolphin Avenue.
About 30 residents were forced outside into the cold due to smoke conditions throughout the building.
Fire crews were able to quickly knock down the blaze, but not before the blaze rendered four rooms uninhabitable.
13 residents are now back in the home, while 17 other have been relocated.
So far, there are no reports of injuries.
The cause of the blaze is under investigation.
fire, atlantic county, new jersey, local/state
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila. house fire 33 min ago
- Windy And Cool 36 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore 49 min ago
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila....
33 min ago
- Windy And Cool
36 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos