Atlantic Co. nursing home fire displaces 17 residents
NORTHFIELD, N.J. - March 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- More than a dozen residents have been displaced by an early morning fire at a nursing home in Northfield, Atlantic County.
The fire broke out just before 5:00 a.m. inside the Meadowview Nursing Home, located on the 200 block of Dolphin Avenue.
About 30 residents were forced outside into the cold due to smoke conditions throughout the building.
Fire crews were able to quickly knock down the blaze, but not before the blaze rendered four rooms uninhabitable.
13 residents are now back in the home, while 17 other have been relocated.
So far, there are no reports of injuries.
The cause of the blaze is under investigation.
fire, atlantic county, new jersey, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 36 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- Surveillance expected from Target heist 14 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
36 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
14 min ago