Police seek Kennett Square man accused of kidnapping family
LANDENBERG, Pa. - March 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are still searching for a Philadelphia-area man who allegedly kidnapped his estranged wife and three young children and took them to North Carolina.
New Garden Police Chief Gerald Simpson says Kennett Square resident Miguel Angel Vazquez is believed to still be at large in or near North Carolina. The Daily Local News reports he was last spotted in the area of Williamston, N.C., where his wife and three young children were found safe Tuesday.
Simpson says the family has returned to Chester County.
The Chester County Crime Victims' Center received a call Tuesday from a woman who said Vazquez, her estranged husband, had kidnapped her and her three children and taken them somewhere in North Carolina.
Police say they were found safe, but Vazquez fled.
Information from: Daily Local News, http://www.dailylocal.com
north carolina, chester county, pennsylvania, kidnapping, local/state
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 38 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ