Police seek Kennett Square man accused of kidnapping family
LANDENBERG, Pa. - March 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are still searching for a Philadelphia-area man who allegedly kidnapped his estranged wife and three young children and took them to North Carolina.
New Garden Police Chief Gerald Simpson says Kennett Square resident Miguel Angel Vazquez is believed to still be at large in or near North Carolina. The Daily Local News reports he was last spotted in the area of Williamston, N.C., where his wife and three young children were found safe Tuesday.
Simpson says the family has returned to Chester County.
The Chester County Crime Victims' Center received a call Tuesday from a woman who said Vazquez, her estranged husband, had kidnapped her and her three children and taken them somewhere in North Carolina.
Police say they were found safe, but Vazquez fled.
Information from: Daily Local News, http://www.dailylocal.com
north carolina, chester county, pennsylvania, kidnapping, local/state
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila. 6 min ago
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes 42 min ago
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes
42 min ago
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
6 min ago
- Police investigate armed home invasion in...
30 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos