IUP student charged with raping woman off campus
INDIANA, Pa. - March 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- A student at Indiana University of Pennsylvania has been charged with raping a woman at an off-campus residence.
Online court records don't list an attorney for 19-year-old Taylor Michael Groff, of Conestoga, who was charged by police in Indiana Borough, where the university is located, about 45 miles northeast of Pittsburgh.
Police aren't saying if the alleged victim was also a student.
IUP spokeswoman Michelle Fryling confirms Groff is a communications media student at the school. She says he'll face the university disciplinary process because of the criminal charges.
Groff is free on bond pending an April 4 preliminary hearing on rape, aggravated assault and indecent assault charges. Police say the incident happened shortly before midnight Friday.
pennsylvania, rape, local/state
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 11 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 30 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 1 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
1 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos