Video of car that struck and critically injured girl, 15, in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - March 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police have released surveillance video of the car that struck and critically injured a 15-year-old girl.
Kylie Givens continues to fight for her life at Aria Torresdale Hospital.
The Mayfair teen was knocked off her feet by a hit-and-run driver the night of Saturday March 9th at Torresdale and East Cheltenham Avenues in Philadelphia's Frankford section.
Police say the male driver of a white sedan with tinted windows stopped, looked back, and then took off.
Witnesses last saw the vehicle traveling north on Torresdale Avenue then east on Van Kirk Street.
Givens suffered two broken ribs and a ruptured spleen, which had to be removed.
Police are asking anyone with information about the crime, the vehicle or the suspect to contact the Philadelphia Police Department's Accident Investigation Division at 215-685-3180/3181.
In a bizarre twist, Kylie's 10-year-old sister, Sarah, was struck by a hit-and-run driver two days earlier.
She suffered a broken leg.
The driver in that case, 23-year-old Charles Mulhern, surrendered to authorities in Northeast Philadelphia Tuesday night.
philadelphia, fishtown, hit and run, accident, local/state
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos