Video of car that struck and critically injured girl, 15, in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - March 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police have released surveillance video of the car that struck and critically injured a 15-year-old girl.
Kylie Givens continues to fight for her life at Aria Torresdale Hospital.
The Mayfair teen was knocked off her feet by a hit-and-run driver the night of Saturday March 9th at Torresdale and East Cheltenham Avenues in Philadelphia's Frankford section.
Police say the male driver of a white sedan with tinted windows stopped, looked back, and then took off.
Witnesses last saw the vehicle traveling north on Torresdale Avenue then east on Van Kirk Street.
Givens suffered two broken ribs and a ruptured spleen, which had to be removed.
Police are asking anyone with information about the crime, the vehicle or the suspect to contact the Philadelphia Police Department's Accident Investigation Division at 215-685-3180/3181.
In a bizarre twist, Kylie's 10-year-old sister, Sarah, was struck by a hit-and-run driver two days earlier.
She suffered a broken leg.
The driver in that case, 23-year-old Charles Mulhern, surrendered to authorities in Northeast Philadelphia Tuesday night.
philadelphia, fishtown, hit and run, accident, local/state
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police ID victim in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run 2 min ago
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Grandmother sentenced in Pa. baby's 2009 death
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft
- Pa. man gets probation for 105 animals in mobile home
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Police ID victim in deadly Wilmington...
2 min ago