Video of car that struck and critically injured girl, 15, in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - March 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police have released surveillance video of the car that struck and critically injured a 15-year-old girl.
Kylie Givens continues to fight for her life at Aria Torresdale Hospital.
The Mayfair teen was knocked off her feet by a hit-and-run driver the night of Saturday March 9th at Torresdale and East Cheltenham Avenues in Philadelphia's Frankford section.
Police say the male driver of a white sedan with tinted windows stopped, looked back, and then took off.
Witnesses last saw the vehicle traveling north on Torresdale Avenue then east on Van Kirk Street.
Givens suffered two broken ribs and a ruptured spleen, which had to be removed.
Police are asking anyone with information about the crime, the vehicle or the suspect to contact the Philadelphia Police Department's Accident Investigation Division at 215-685-3180/3181.
In a bizarre twist, Kylie's 10-year-old sister, Sarah, was struck by a hit-and-run driver two days earlier.
She suffered a broken leg.
The driver in that case, 23-year-old Charles Mulhern, surrendered to authorities in Northeast Philadelphia Tuesday night.
philadelphia, fishtown, hit and run, accident, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 39 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 12 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act