Former boxing champ Larry Holmes recovering after hospital visit
EASTON, Pa. - March 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Former heavyweight boxing champion Larry Holmes is recovering at home in eastern Pennsylvania after he was hospitalized for two days because of high blood sugar.
The 63-year-old Holmes tells The Express-Times of Easton he was admitted to St. Luke's Hospital in Bethlehem Township on Tuesday after his blood sugar spiked. He says he had felt lightheaded and drowsy and his doctor sent him to the hospital.
He returned to his Palmer Township home Thursday afternoon and says he's taking medication and following his doctor's instructions to lose weight and eat right. He says blood sugar problems run in his family.
A telephone message left for Holmes was not immediately returned Friday.
Holmes grew up in Easton and was heavyweight champion from 1978 to 1985.
Information from: The (Easton, Pa.) Express-Times, http://www.lehighvalleylive.com
easton, pennsylvania, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos