Former boxing champ Larry Holmes recovering after hospital visit
EASTON, Pa. - March 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Former heavyweight boxing champion Larry Holmes is recovering at home in eastern Pennsylvania after he was hospitalized for two days because of high blood sugar.
The 63-year-old Holmes tells The Express-Times of Easton he was admitted to St. Luke's Hospital in Bethlehem Township on Tuesday after his blood sugar spiked. He says he had felt lightheaded and drowsy and his doctor sent him to the hospital.
He returned to his Palmer Township home Thursday afternoon and says he's taking medication and following his doctor's instructions to lose weight and eat right. He says blood sugar problems run in his family.
A telephone message left for Holmes was not immediately returned Friday.
Holmes grew up in Easton and was heavyweight champion from 1978 to 1985.
Information from: The (Easton, Pa.) Express-Times, http://www.lehighvalleylive.com
easton, pennsylvania, local/state
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 47 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 15 min ago
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 1 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 7 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 38 min ago