Former boxing champ Larry Holmes recovering after hospital visit
EASTON, Pa. - March 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Former heavyweight boxing champion Larry Holmes is recovering at home in eastern Pennsylvania after he was hospitalized for two days because of high blood sugar.
The 63-year-old Holmes tells The Express-Times of Easton he was admitted to St. Luke's Hospital in Bethlehem Township on Tuesday after his blood sugar spiked. He says he had felt lightheaded and drowsy and his doctor sent him to the hospital.
He returned to his Palmer Township home Thursday afternoon and says he's taking medication and following his doctor's instructions to lose weight and eat right. He says blood sugar problems run in his family.
A telephone message left for Holmes was not immediately returned Friday.
Holmes grew up in Easton and was heavyweight champion from 1978 to 1985.
Information from: The (Easton, Pa.) Express-Times, http://www.lehighvalleylive.com
easton, pennsylvania, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times 45 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm 10 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Video: Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton 14 min ago
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in Norristown 36 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Heavy flames damage Southwest Philadelphia house
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Snow today, heavy at times
45 min ago
- Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton
14 min ago
- John Rawlins on snow in Norristown
36 min ago