Lansdale man threatened to kill landlord, police say
LANSDALE, Pa. - March 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Lansdale, Montgomery County are looking for the man who allegedly threatened to kill his landlord twice in as many days.
William Keith Kane, 23, of the 400 block of Franklin Street, is being sought for the incidents on March 8th and March 9th.
According to police, Kane had been living in the homeowner's basement since December.
In the March 8th incident, police say Kane threatened his landlord with a knife after being told he was behind on his rent and that he was breaking house rules.
The homeowner wrestled the knife away from Kane, police say, suffering a cut to the hand. The homeowner then ran upstairs and locked the separating door.
The next morning, police say Kane left but came back and the homeowner asked him to turn over his house key. Kane refused, police say, and picked up a tire iron and threatened to kill the homeowner.
The homeowner ran inside and called police.
Investigators say Kane fled the area after the incident and has not been located. He may be in the Boyertown area, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Lansdale Police (215) 368-1801.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack 20 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete 40 min ago
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
36 min ago