Lansdale man threatened to kill landlord, police say
LANSDALE, Pa. - March 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Lansdale, Montgomery County are looking for the man who allegedly threatened to kill his landlord twice in as many days.
William Keith Kane, 23, of the 400 block of Franklin Street, is being sought for the incidents on March 8th and March 9th.
According to police, Kane had been living in the homeowner's basement since December.
In the March 8th incident, police say Kane threatened his landlord with a knife after being told he was behind on his rent and that he was breaking house rules.
The homeowner wrestled the knife away from Kane, police say, suffering a cut to the hand. The homeowner then ran upstairs and locked the separating door.
The next morning, police say Kane left but came back and the homeowner asked him to turn over his house key. Kane refused, police say, and picked up a tire iron and threatened to kill the homeowner.
The homeowner ran inside and called police.
Investigators say Kane fled the area after the incident and has not been located. He may be in the Boyertown area, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Lansdale Police (215) 368-1801.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, local/state
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder 54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman 28 min ago
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 4 min ago
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries 10 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ