Lansdale man threatened to kill landlord, police say
LANSDALE, Pa. - March 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Lansdale, Montgomery County are looking for the man who allegedly threatened to kill his landlord twice in as many days.
William Keith Kane, 23, of the 400 block of Franklin Street, is being sought for the incidents on March 8th and March 9th.
According to police, Kane had been living in the homeowner's basement since December.
In the March 8th incident, police say Kane threatened his landlord with a knife after being told he was behind on his rent and that he was breaking house rules.
The homeowner wrestled the knife away from Kane, police say, suffering a cut to the hand. The homeowner then ran upstairs and locked the separating door.
The next morning, police say Kane left but came back and the homeowner asked him to turn over his house key. Kane refused, police say, and picked up a tire iron and threatened to kill the homeowner.
The homeowner ran inside and called police.
Investigators say Kane fled the area after the incident and has not been located. He may be in the Boyertown area, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Lansdale Police (215) 368-1801.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos