Lansdale man threatened to kill landlord, police say
LANSDALE, Pa. - March 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Lansdale, Montgomery County are looking for the man who allegedly threatened to kill his landlord twice in as many days.
William Keith Kane, 23, of the 400 block of Franklin Street, is being sought for the incidents on March 8th and March 9th.
According to police, Kane had been living in the homeowner's basement since December.
In the March 8th incident, police say Kane threatened his landlord with a knife after being told he was behind on his rent and that he was breaking house rules.
The homeowner wrestled the knife away from Kane, police say, suffering a cut to the hand. The homeowner then ran upstairs and locked the separating door.
The next morning, police say Kane left but came back and the homeowner asked him to turn over his house key. Kane refused, police say, and picked up a tire iron and threatened to kill the homeowner.
The homeowner ran inside and called police.
Investigators say Kane fled the area after the incident and has not been located. He may be in the Boyertown area, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Lansdale Police (215) 368-1801.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 18 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Jordan Brown murder case goes to Pa. high court 35 min ago
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County 59 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 51 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 28 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm