Man shot in the leg in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - March 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting in West Philadelphia that sent one man to the hospital.
It happened around 6:30 Friday night on the 4900 block of Catherine Street.
Authorities received a report of gunfire but a search of the area initially revealed no victim.
About 45 minutes later a man was dropped off at Temple University Hospital with a gunshot wound to the leg. No word on his condition.
Police are still searching for a suspect and a motive.
philadelphia, shooting, west philadelphia, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 1 min ago
- Milder Monday 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 1 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 1 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 1 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Milder Monday
41 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
1 min ago