Man shot in the leg in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - March 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting in West Philadelphia that sent one man to the hospital.
It happened around 6:30 Friday night on the 4900 block of Catherine Street.
Authorities received a report of gunfire but a search of the area initially revealed no victim.
About 45 minutes later a man was dropped off at Temple University Hospital with a gunshot wound to the leg. No word on his condition.
Police are still searching for a suspect and a motive.
philadelphia, shooting, west philadelphia, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 54 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 54 min ago
- Jordan Brown murder case goes to Pa. high court 7 min ago
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County 31 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 23 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 1 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm