Man shot in the leg in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - March 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting in West Philadelphia that sent one man to the hospital.
It happened around 6:30 Friday night on the 4900 block of Catherine Street.
Authorities received a report of gunfire but a search of the area initially revealed no victim.
About 45 minutes later a man was dropped off at Temple University Hospital with a gunshot wound to the leg. No word on his condition.
Police are still searching for a suspect and a motive.
philadelphia, shooting, west philadelphia, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man