Alleged victim in Upper Darby girl fight speaks
UPPER DARBY, Pa. - March 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- The alleged victim in a fight involving two young girls in Upper Darby told her side of the story only to Action News.
"The mother just brought it to a total different level getting involved, telling them, 'I wanna see blood!'. Like who thinks like that," said Nicole Montano.
Montano could barely stomach watching the chilling video of 45-year-old Michele Davenport ordering her 12-year-old daughter to fight her daughter.
What shocked Montano even more was that Davenport was prepared to capture the whole thing on tape.
"Like she had her phone out to video tape it, blaring music from her car. Like she thought there was nothing wrong with it," said Montano.
The 12-year-old alleged victim, whom we are not identifying, says Davenport kept telling her daughter to knock her out.
"It really was really mind-blowing because knowing that her mom would do that and then knowing that we could have just settled everything in a different way," she said.
The alleged victim claims there was never a bullying incident that prompted the fight as Davenport had claimed.
The two girls had simply gotten into a petty argument over people she was hanging out with. An argument she thought they had pretty much settled.
"And then she left and came back with her mom and then her mom started yelling and got out of the car. She was telling her daughter to put rings on," said the alleged victim.
"The mother told the daughter to go put rings on to fight my daughter. Can you imagine if rings were on her fingers what that would have done to my daughter?" said Montano.
Action News attempted to get Davenport's side of the story, but was told to go away.
"You don't make two girls fight, they're not animals. It was like she was treating them like it was like a dog fight or something, it was crazy," said Montano.
Montano's daughter is recuperating from a concussion, facial and head swelling while both Davenport and her 12-year-old have been charged in the case.
pennsylvania, upper darby, delaware county, fight, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man