Brides Against Breast Cancer wedding dress sale
GALLOWAY TWP., N.J. - March 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Hundreds of brides-to-be got big discounts on brand name wedding gowns this weekend and it's all for a good cause.
Five years ago, Leslie Milloy wasn't sure she would get to go shopping for wedding gowns with her daughter Tina.
That's because at age 24, Tina was diagnosed with breast cancer and underwent a double mastectomy.
"It was frightening. We were all scared but she's here and that's all that matters," said Milloy.
The Milloys were among dozens of women who spent Saturday not only sharing precious mother-daughter moments but also getting some great deals and helping a worthy cause.
They were shopping at the Brides Against Breast Cancer wedding gown sale.
"Brides Against Breast Cancer is a nationwide tour of charity wedding gown sales. We travel up to 120 cities each year bringing 750 to 1,000 deeply discounted couture and designer wedding gowns for brides to come and purchase," said Mya Widmyer.
"The prices are 25 percent to 85 percent off the retail value of the dress so it's a great deal, great cause and every bride should be here," said Lauren Reilly.
The gowns ranged in price from $99 up to $3,500.
For Tina, even before she tried on her first dress, it was a perfect fit.
"When I got the email that they were doing this, I thought it would be a good thing to do. It has to do with what I went through," she said.
And even brides who weren't survivors said they felt great, both about the deals they found and the cause their purchases were supporting.
"They have great options, they have tons of different sizes and designers. It's really a great opportunity and it goes to a great cause," said Maygan Henzie.
If you missed the sale, don't worry! Brides Against Breast Cancer will be back in our area with a sale in Philadelphia on September 6th and 7th.
For more information visit http://bridesagainstbreastcancer.org
new jersey, weddings, local/state, amy buckman
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Woman hospitalized in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 1; hundreds rescued 16 min ago
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore