Brides Against Breast Cancer wedding dress sale
GALLOWAY TWP., N.J. - March 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Hundreds of brides-to-be got big discounts on brand name wedding gowns this weekend and it's all for a good cause.
Five years ago, Leslie Milloy wasn't sure she would get to go shopping for wedding gowns with her daughter Tina.
That's because at age 24, Tina was diagnosed with breast cancer and underwent a double mastectomy.
"It was frightening. We were all scared but she's here and that's all that matters," said Milloy.
The Milloys were among dozens of women who spent Saturday not only sharing precious mother-daughter moments but also getting some great deals and helping a worthy cause.
They were shopping at the Brides Against Breast Cancer wedding gown sale.
"Brides Against Breast Cancer is a nationwide tour of charity wedding gown sales. We travel up to 120 cities each year bringing 750 to 1,000 deeply discounted couture and designer wedding gowns for brides to come and purchase," said Mya Widmyer.
"The prices are 25 percent to 85 percent off the retail value of the dress so it's a great deal, great cause and every bride should be here," said Lauren Reilly.
The gowns ranged in price from $99 up to $3,500.
For Tina, even before she tried on her first dress, it was a perfect fit.
"When I got the email that they were doing this, I thought it would be a good thing to do. It has to do with what I went through," she said.
And even brides who weren't survivors said they felt great, both about the deals they found and the cause their purchases were supporting.
"They have great options, they have tons of different sizes and designers. It's really a great opportunity and it goes to a great cause," said Maygan Henzie.
If you missed the sale, don't worry! Brides Against Breast Cancer will be back in our area with a sale in Philadelphia on September 6th and 7th.
For more information visit http://bridesagainstbreastcancer.org
new jersey, weddings, local/state, amy buckman
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 38 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act