Pottstown man attacked by dogs while trying to save owner
POTTSTOWN, Pa. - March 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Pottstown man will have to undergo a second surgery after he was attacked by a pack of dogs, while trying to save their owner.
It happened Friday afternoon at Adams and Wilson streets.
Police say three mixed breed dogs were loose when they attacked their female owner.
The man reportedly witnessed the attack and ran to help.
He was bitten and suffered flesh wounds on his legs and arm as he tried to free the woman.
The dogs' owner suffered significant injuries and another female bystander was also bitten. No word on their conditions.
Authorities say the dogs will be euthanized.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, pottstown, animal attacks, animals, local/state
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney 24 min ago
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight 57 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Woman hospitalized in West Oak Lane fire 55 min ago
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
24 min ago
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
57 min ago