2 injured in police-involved crash in Ogontz
OGONTZ - March 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two people, including a Philadelphia officer, were injured when a police cruiser struck another vehicle.
It happened around 1:45 Sunday morning near the intersection of 15th Street and Olney Avenue in the Ogontz section of the city.
Authorities say an officer from the 35th district was behind the wheel of a police cruiser when it collided with another car.
The impact of the crash sent the other vehicle into a utility pole, knocking it down.
A small fire ignited in the police cruiser's engine but was quickly extinguished.
Medics transported the officer to Albert Einstein Hospital where he was treated and released. The driver of the other vehicle was also hospitalized for minor injuries.
So far no word what sparked the crash.
philadelphia, police, accident, local/state
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 38 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 18 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 10 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply