2 injured in police-involved crash in Ogontz
OGONTZ - March 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two people, including a Philadelphia officer, were injured when a police cruiser struck another vehicle.
It happened around 1:45 Sunday morning near the intersection of 15th Street and Olney Avenue in the Ogontz section of the city.
Authorities say an officer from the 35th district was behind the wheel of a police cruiser when it collided with another car.
The impact of the crash sent the other vehicle into a utility pole, knocking it down.
A small fire ignited in the police cruiser's engine but was quickly extinguished.
Medics transported the officer to Albert Einstein Hospital where he was treated and released. The driver of the other vehicle was also hospitalized for minor injuries.
So far no word what sparked the crash.
philadelphia, police, accident, local/state
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 35 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 30 min ago
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape 39 min ago
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Attack in Center City caught on camera 23 min ago
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam 29 min ago
- Burglary suspect nabbed by quick-thinking neighbor
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth 59 min ago
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
35 min ago
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up...
39 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
23 min ago