2 injured in police-involved crash in Ogontz
OGONTZ - March 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two people, including a Philadelphia officer, were injured when a police cruiser struck another vehicle.
It happened around 1:45 Sunday morning near the intersection of 15th Street and Olney Avenue in the Ogontz section of the city.
Authorities say an officer from the 35th district was behind the wheel of a police cruiser when it collided with another car.
The impact of the crash sent the other vehicle into a utility pole, knocking it down.
A small fire ignited in the police cruiser's engine but was quickly extinguished.
Medics transported the officer to Albert Einstein Hospital where he was treated and released. The driver of the other vehicle was also hospitalized for minor injuries.
So far no word what sparked the crash.
philadelphia, police, accident, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 25 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
25 min ago