1 injured in police involved shooting in West Oak Lane
WEST OAK LANE - March 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities are investigating a police involved shooting in the West Oak Lane section of Philadelphia.
The shooting occurred around 9:00 p.m. on the 1900 block of Ashley Street.
It is unclear what led up to the shooting, but at least one police officer discharged his or her weapon.
A person was struck in the leg and police transported that person to Albert Einstein Medical Center.
philadelphia, west oak lane, shooting, police, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 45 min ago
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela 46 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife 38 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
45 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi...
38 min ago