1 injured in police involved shooting in West Oak Lane
WEST OAK LANE - March 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities are investigating a police involved shooting in the West Oak Lane section of Philadelphia.
The shooting occurred around 9:00 p.m. on the 1900 block of Ashley Street.
It is unclear what led up to the shooting, but at least one police officer discharged his or her weapon.
A person was struck in the leg and police transported that person to Albert Einstein Medical Center.
philadelphia, west oak lane, shooting, police, local/state
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 8 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos