Escaped prisoner captured in Hamilton
EWING TWP., N.J. - March 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have captured an inmate who walked away from a minimum security prison farm in Ewing.
Authorities say 27-year-old Eloy Sanchez was not present during the 6:30 p.m. prisoner count on Sunday at Jones Farm State Correction Institute, located at 721 Bear Tavern Road.
Search teams were dispatched at 7:00 p.m. and a command post was activated.
Corrections Department spokesman Deidre Fedkenheuer tells The Times of Trenton that Eloy Sanchez was found in nearby Hamilton, New Jersey on Tuesday afternoon.
Sanchez began serving a one-year sentence for robbery on January 30th.
A parole hearing that was scheduled for October will be canceled and Sanchez could face an additional five years in prison because of the escape.
new jersey, prison escape, mercer county, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Brisk And Cold 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 9 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment 17 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Brisk And Cold
2 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
9 min ago