Escaped prisoner captured in Hamilton
EWING TWP., N.J. - March 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have captured an inmate who walked away from a minimum security prison farm in Ewing.
Authorities say 27-year-old Eloy Sanchez was not present during the 6:30 p.m. prisoner count on Sunday at Jones Farm State Correction Institute, located at 721 Bear Tavern Road.
Search teams were dispatched at 7:00 p.m. and a command post was activated.
Corrections Department spokesman Deidre Fedkenheuer tells The Times of Trenton that Eloy Sanchez was found in nearby Hamilton, New Jersey on Tuesday afternoon.
Sanchez began serving a one-year sentence for robbery on January 30th.
A parole hearing that was scheduled for October will be canceled and Sanchez could face an additional five years in prison because of the escape.
new jersey, prison escape, mercer county, local/state
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt 16 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos