Escaped prisoner captured in Hamilton
EWING TWP., N.J. - March 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have captured an inmate who walked away from a minimum security prison farm in Ewing.
Authorities say 27-year-old Eloy Sanchez was not present during the 6:30 p.m. prisoner count on Sunday at Jones Farm State Correction Institute, located at 721 Bear Tavern Road.
Search teams were dispatched at 7:00 p.m. and a command post was activated.
Corrections Department spokesman Deidre Fedkenheuer tells The Times of Trenton that Eloy Sanchez was found in nearby Hamilton, New Jersey on Tuesday afternoon.
Sanchez began serving a one-year sentence for robbery on January 30th.
A parole hearing that was scheduled for October will be canceled and Sanchez could face an additional five years in prison because of the escape.
new jersey, prison escape, mercer county, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 59 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 40 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
40 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
59 min ago