Escaped prisoner captured in Hamilton
EWING TWP., N.J. - March 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have captured an inmate who walked away from a minimum security prison farm in Ewing.
Authorities say 27-year-old Eloy Sanchez was not present during the 6:30 p.m. prisoner count on Sunday at Jones Farm State Correction Institute, located at 721 Bear Tavern Road.
Search teams were dispatched at 7:00 p.m. and a command post was activated.
Corrections Department spokesman Deidre Fedkenheuer tells The Times of Trenton that Eloy Sanchez was found in nearby Hamilton, New Jersey on Tuesday afternoon.
Sanchez began serving a one-year sentence for robbery on January 30th.
A parole hearing that was scheduled for October will be canceled and Sanchez could face an additional five years in prison because of the escape.
new jersey, prison escape, mercer county, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar 33 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 34 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
33 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila...
34 min ago