Man steals cell phone in front of officer in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - March 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Wilmington, Delaware say a man was arrested after allegedly committing a robbery in front of a passing officer.
27-year-old Emanuel Carr is charged with robbery and resisting arrest stemming from the incident, which occurred at 5:35 p.m. Sunday on the 100 block of N French Street.
Police say the officer was driving in the area of W. 2nd and N. French Streets when he saw a man chasing Carr across the street.
The officer gave chase and took Carr into custody several blocks away in the area of W. 4th and N. Market Streets.
The officer learned that the man who was chasing Carr had allegedly had his phone stolen. He told the officer that he was standing at the bus station talking on his cell phone when Carr snatched the phone from his ear and fled across W. 2nd Street.
The officer found the stolen phone in Carr's possession.
delaware, wilmington, robbery, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 41 min ago
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 33 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 24 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
41 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
33 min ago