Man steals cell phone in front of officer in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - March 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Wilmington, Delaware say a man was arrested after allegedly committing a robbery in front of a passing officer.
27-year-old Emanuel Carr is charged with robbery and resisting arrest stemming from the incident, which occurred at 5:35 p.m. Sunday on the 100 block of N French Street.
Police say the officer was driving in the area of W. 2nd and N. French Streets when he saw a man chasing Carr across the street.
The officer gave chase and took Carr into custody several blocks away in the area of W. 4th and N. Market Streets.
The officer learned that the man who was chasing Carr had allegedly had his phone stolen. He told the officer that he was standing at the bus station talking on his cell phone when Carr snatched the phone from his ear and fled across W. 2nd Street.
The officer found the stolen phone in Carr's possession.
delaware, wilmington, robbery, local/state
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man gunned down at water ice stand
- Bicyclist shoots man in face in SW Philadelphia
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia
- Man shot in the head in Camden; suspect sought 10 min ago
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Suicide at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris 15 min ago
- Vatican insists that no papal exorcism took place 16 min ago
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc