Man steals cell phone in front of officer in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - March 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Wilmington, Delaware say a man was arrested after allegedly committing a robbery in front of a passing officer.
27-year-old Emanuel Carr is charged with robbery and resisting arrest stemming from the incident, which occurred at 5:35 p.m. Sunday on the 100 block of N French Street.
Police say the officer was driving in the area of W. 2nd and N. French Streets when he saw a man chasing Carr across the street.
The officer gave chase and took Carr into custody several blocks away in the area of W. 4th and N. Market Streets.
The officer learned that the man who was chasing Carr had allegedly had his phone stolen. He told the officer that he was standing at the bus station talking on his cell phone when Carr snatched the phone from his ear and fled across W. 2nd Street.
The officer found the stolen phone in Carr's possession.
delaware, wilmington, robbery, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ 1 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes 1 min ago
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers 15 min ago
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands