Pedophile doctor Earl Bradley won't face additional charges
DOVER, Del. - March 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors have decided not to pursue remaining charges against a former Delaware pediatrician serving life in prison for molesting scores of young patients.
Fifty-nine-year-old Earl Bradley is serving 14 life sentences for child rape after being convicted in 2011. A judge convicted him after viewing more than 13 hours of homemade videos showing sex crimes against more than 80 victims. That conviction stemmed from a 471-count indictment based on those videos.
A subsequent indictment, based on interviews of possible victims, accused Bradley of more than 50 additional criminal counts.
Officials said Monday they would not pursue those charges. They noted that Bradley already is behind bars for life and a trial on those charges would require the young victims and their parents to testify publicly with Bradley in the courtroom.
delaware, dr. earl bradley, child abuse, child sex assault, local/state
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 1 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos