Pedophile doctor Earl Bradley won't face additional charges
DOVER, Del. - March 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors have decided not to pursue remaining charges against a former Delaware pediatrician serving life in prison for molesting scores of young patients.
Fifty-nine-year-old Earl Bradley is serving 14 life sentences for child rape after being convicted in 2011. A judge convicted him after viewing more than 13 hours of homemade videos showing sex crimes against more than 80 victims. That conviction stemmed from a 471-count indictment based on those videos.
A subsequent indictment, based on interviews of possible victims, accused Bradley of more than 50 additional criminal counts.
Officials said Monday they would not pursue those charges. They noted that Bradley already is behind bars for life and a trial on those charges would require the young victims and their parents to testify publicly with Bradley in the courtroom.
delaware, dr. earl bradley, child abuse, child sex assault, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed