Pedophile doctor Earl Bradley won't face additional charges
DOVER, Del. - March 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors have decided not to pursue remaining charges against a former Delaware pediatrician serving life in prison for molesting scores of young patients.
Fifty-nine-year-old Earl Bradley is serving 14 life sentences for child rape after being convicted in 2011. A judge convicted him after viewing more than 13 hours of homemade videos showing sex crimes against more than 80 victims. That conviction stemmed from a 471-count indictment based on those videos.
A subsequent indictment, based on interviews of possible victims, accused Bradley of more than 50 additional criminal counts.
Officials said Monday they would not pursue those charges. They noted that Bradley already is behind bars for life and a trial on those charges would require the young victims and their parents to testify publicly with Bradley in the courtroom.
delaware, dr. earl bradley, child abuse, child sex assault, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 22 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 15 min ago
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act